Spring is raging full speed ahead here at the farm and we are excited to be gearing up for CSA season. Thanks again to everyone for filling our membership so quickly this year and we are sad to have to tell so many more we are already over capacity.
The farmers have been busy getting everything planted and a good dose of rain is watering everything in.
Linda and Bronwynn have been busy in the office making sure everyone is matched to their sites and ready for their boxes. Mailings are going out next week, so keep an eye out for yours. If your address has changed since we last communicated, please call the office at 541-935-1920 to let us know.
If you are set up for auto payments on a credit card that has changed, please contact us as soon as possible so we can make sure your payment goes through.
Please read all of the information in the mailing. Be sure to check if your pickup location and day is correct, and let us know if there is a discrepancy.
Please pay attention to the updated site protocols for this season. We want to make sure you all stay safe while continuing to get your farm fresh produce. This year there will not be a Yum/Yuck box or shared towels to wipe out boxes. We will have hand sanitizer and clean pens at each location.
Please do your best to adhere to the following: (this is also printed out for you in your mailing)
Important Covid 19 Delivery Site Protocol
Please Read Carefully!
The goal of Winter Green Farm is to provide healthy, safe, & nutritious food for all.That being said, we hope that you will follow these safety measures when picking up your share this season.
- Please practice social distancing when arriving at your delivery site. If another member is there retrieving their veggies, please wait for them to finish before approaching. Wearing masks is advisable.
- Please bring as few people as possible when you pick up. If you bring children, please have them wait close-by, or in the car, so social distancing can be achieved.
- Please only handle one box…YOURS! All of the harvest has been divided evenly, and all of the boxes contain the same items. Please transfer your veggies and leave the farm box behind.
- Due to handling concerns, we are not providing towels to wipe out the boxes this year. Please stack the empty boxes neatly, and the farm will clean and sanitize them thoroughly each week.
- We will not provide a Yum-Yuck box this year. If there is a vegetable you don’t like, please take it home, and share with a friend or family member. We don’t want to leave any veggies or carrot tops behind for the site host to have to deal with. We also can’t take back, or reuse berry pint or flat trays. Please recycle.
- Please sanitize your hands before and after you check off your name on the member check off sheet…the farm will send clean pens each week, and provide a bottle of hand sanitizer for each site. Feel free to bring your own pen to check off your name.
- If you share your box each week with another member, please have only one member bring the share home to divide, rather than do it at the site. We believe this will help to eliminate a lot of confusion and disappointed members.
- If you are receiving our bi-weekly Half Share, and your name is NOT on the member check off sheet, most likely, it’s NOT your week. Please contact the farm before taking the share and we will do our best to sort it out with you.
Thank you all so much! We are hoping for a smooth and joyful season!